Likes to be seen as a poet, writer, a lover of nonsense, surrealism and whimsy.
Managing Director of Shadowcat Systems a software consultancy in the North West of England.
A community contributor who has organised the London Perl Workshop on 10 occasions along with the FLOSSUK Spring conference, Barcamps, Dynamic Languages Conference and Quality Assurance Hackathon.
A member of the Perl Foundation and a Director of both FLOSSUK and the Enlightened Perl Organsiation.
Contributes to his local Lancaster community via Digital Lancaster, Independent Lancaster and the Ethical Small Traders Association.
A lover of communities and the social mix that is humanity. Blessed with melancholy, feels he is both a champion and a sceptic of the future.
Studies the cliche that is humanity as an amateur with a powerful microscope and a zoological guide to the mating habits of the hermaphroditic annelid.
Identifies as a male, but otherwise refusing to be easily defined. He is an advocate of; change, equality, aspiration, opportunity and education.
We stretch beyond midnight
Lost in the ignorance of desire
Our steam locomotive breath
Tracks escalating rhythm
Tympanic oceans surge
On cardiovascular estuaries
Until we reach the breach
And shudder in relief.
Together, we lie alone
As time decays the passions
Lost to our reflection
Trace conflicting memories
Swift feelings bring swift regrets
Dressed in shadows of denial
Latest Blog Posts
I publish my blog posts on the site markkeating.me.uk. You can find them listed below.
- In View of Y Mynydd Du
- Written in 365 Parts: 195: Another Form Of Slavery
- Written in 365 Parts: 194: Puppet On A String
- Written in 365 Parts: 193: Inside
- Written in 365 Parts: 192: The Unlit Interior
- Written in 365 Parts: 191: Worm-Hole-Breach
- Written in 365 Parts: 190: Asteroid Shell
- Shit You Just Made Up
- The Balance of Love
- Written in 365 Parts: 189: How Are We Going To Get In?
- Written in 365 Parts: 188: A Huge Lump of Rock
- Written in 365 Parts: 187: Out of Contract
- Written in 365 Parts: 186: What Was Your Name?